Monday, December 15, 2014

MSIDT Program Tuition and Fees

Outside Picture of CSUF
Well, the MSIDT program is not free, but it is a great value in the masters program world, at least if you are a California resident. I figured this out ahead of time to make sure it was within my family’s budget, but of course there were a few things I forgot. Surely there will be more unexpected things as time goes on, too…
There are a lot of things that are not a financial issue in the distance learning world. No parking fees! No extra holiday trips home to see the folks. No dorm room to redecorate. No kegs of beer to take to toga parties…
But there is the rest of the stuff, as well as things I did not have to pay for when I was studying for my bachelors degree.
First off was a new laptop, which I am not including as it was not necessary. But it is really nice to have a good piece of equipment for school and blogging. I went with a MacBook Pro, and after a lifetime of PCs, it is an amazing breath of fresh air.
Of course there is tuition, which is currently $1953 per semester (for two classes)
Next come other expenses that will occur each semester, some of which I will never get to use:
-Online learning fee:$198
- Books: $463
- ASB Fee: $74
- Campus Union Fee: $134
- Consolidated Course Fee: $25.00
- Health Center Fee: $78.00
- Health Facilities Fee: $3.00
- IRA Fee: $36.00
- Student ID Card Fee: $4.00
- Student Success Fee: $60.34
- Titan Participation Fee: $7.00

If I added that up correctly, that is $3035, so for five semesters it will be $15,175, barring any inevitable fee increases. Of course it would be much higher if I were paying non-resident tuition.

But that is not all, there are some one-time costs to include:
-Application fee: $55
-Transcript: $13
-Boot-up Camp: $345
-Mid-point Symposium: $228
-Adobe Captivate 8 Software: $299

These extras add up to around $940, and when added to the tuition make for a grand total of $16,115. This will creep up as unexpected expenses that pop up and fees increase, but I think this going to be a wise investment in my future. I do not think you will find a better deal on an instructional design program from an accredited university, and the CSUF program is highly rated.
Thanks for checking in; next time you will get an overview of the courses that make up this program!



























No comments:

Post a Comment