Wednesday, September 23, 2015

CSUF MSIDT Spring Semester of 2015

CSUF Round Logo
My second semester in the MSIDT program was Winter/Spring of 2015, and like the other four semesters, it lasted for 16 weeks. Six units are taken at a time, so there were two courses: IDT 520: Instructional Design Level 1: Issues in E-learning and the Design Process and IDT 525, Learning and Cognition Theories for Post Secondary and Adult Instructional Settings.
The second semester was much easier for me than the first semester, and it might end up being the easiest one of the whole program. I got into a good groove, and the study habits I developed over the first semester really started to pay off. Most notably, I got a good system down for taking text notes on the computer, so they were more legible and could be readily searched.
There was a lot more writing in the second semester, so I got a lot of practice with APA formatting (which has come in handy now that my son is in high school). There were also fun projects to be done in Captivate, with emphasis placed on the planning and design stages.
How did it all turn out? Pretty darned well! I put in a lot of hours (almost 35 per week), but I learned a lot and got grades I was happy with.
Stay tuned to the blog –- I will be writing in more detail about both of the Spring semester classes as well as the texts we used in them.
Mahalo!
Rex





No comments:

Post a Comment